Volunteering has a meaningful, positive impact on your community. But did you know that it can have many benefits for you too?
In fact, volunteering can be a great way to develop skills, learn more about career options, make friends, get exercise and spend time outdoors.
Here are some reasons to volunteer:
- Learn or develop a new skill, interest or hobby
- Be part of your community
- Motivation and sense of achievement
- A possible pathway to employment
- New experiences and challenges
- Make new friends and networks
- Personal growth
- Socialise with others
Whatever your passion, however you get involved, volunteering offers a way to have a real and lasting impact on your local community.
A diverse range of volunteering opportunities exist with The Hut