When: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 2:00pm – 3:30pm
Where: The Village Well, 54 Strathalbyn Rd Aldgate
Cost: FREE and includes afternoon tea
Book: Call The Hut Community Centre on 8339 4400
The Hut will have limited bus transport available for those who don’t drive
Attendees will receive an overview of the services and activities provided through the Hills Home & Community Support Program as well as the process for accessing assistance.
Discussion topics will include:
- A general explanation of our program and where it fits into the tier of aged care
- Clients who began accessing our program prior to 2015 when My Aged Care was implemented
- Registration and assessment processes via My Aged Care
- How we manage prioritisation and waiting lists for people looking for assistance
of services, programs and assistance offered to eligible people:
- Home Maintenance (Gardens, gutters, small handyman jobs and window cleaning)
- Social support activities, outings and regular programs
- Transport options
- Home Modifications
- Domestic Assistance (seasonal & short term assistance after a hospital stay)
- Client contributions
- The limitations of the Home Support Program and higher levels of assistance available
Our friendly session will end with time for any remaining questions from attendees.
We look forward to seeing you there!