Personal Transport for medical appointments is available for residents who do not have access to transport.
Transport can be provided to local medical centres and if necessary specialist appointments in the city.
All transport is provided by our wonderful team of volunteers who use their own vehicles to take you to your appointment.
Who is eligible for transport assistance?
You are eligible for transport assistance from The Hut if you do not have any other transport options.
Other transport may include:
- Driving yourself if you are able
- Family or friends
- Public transport or taxi services
You must also live in the Adelaide Hills Council area
Is there a cost for transport?
- Local trips: $5
- Mt Barker/City: $20
No one is refused service if they are unable to make a contribution.
How do I book for transport?
- Give The Hut a call and speak with our receptionist
- If possible please provide a minimum of 2 days prior to your appointment to allow us sufficient time to find a volunteer driver
- For city appointments, Hills Community transport have a vehicle that travels to the city daily, click here for information about travel assistance for city appointments
If you are over 65 and transport disadvantaged you may be eligible for subsidised transport through the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) funded through the Adelaide Hills Council.
If you are not currently receiving home support services by The Hut or the Adelaide Hills Council and would like to access our personal transport service you will need to:
- Register through the My Aged Care website
- Request for services to be provided by The Adelaide Hills Council
- Council will contact you to discuss your service needs and then provide a referral to The Hut
- Contact us on 8339 4400 to book your transport
Hills Community Transport (HCT)
HCT provides information about transport services across the Hills region. For people who are transport disadvantaged (eligibility criteria apply) HCT can provide a transport service using volunteer drivers or taxis.
Click here for more information about Hills Community Transport
If you are interested in our social outings or shopping service on the community bus click the button below